NEPA PHILHARMONIC IS COMMITTED TO ENRICHING OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH, MUSIC, EDUCATION AND INCLUSIVITY.
Music is an agent for change and we at the Northeastern Pennsylvania Philharmonic are committed to being part of the solution. We believe that we can continue to make our community better through music.
There is a pathway to music as a tool for change, and that path is education and inclusivity. We have these building blocks in place, and now we have the opportunity to use this foundation for the betterment of our community.
In addition to expanding the diversity of our main stage audiences, we must continue to expand our community outreach and educational programs:
– Seek out underserved audiences and invite them into the concert hall
– “The Music in our Schools” program (strings, winds, brass, and percussion) should give priority to schools where music programs do not exist and the arts are not part of the students’ lives
– The Young People’s Concert (YPC) will make every attempt to include schools with underserved populations.
– Connect with all faith leaders in our community to find talented high school music students who might not even know about our mentoring program and assist these qualified students financially
– Expand community outreach with “Meet the Maestra” programs in schools and recreational centers.
We will continue to enrich the lives of all our young people and add value to their futures by sharing the gift of music. Please join us in bringing diversity into our community. Use your voice to make a difference in Northeastern Pennsylvania.